07 April 2013

Sweet Retreat: Part III

 Here's another quilt that sat for ages in my cupboard -- the pattern is called "Grandpa's Best" (I think), and I made the centre part of it at a workshop that was supposed to teach speedy cutting and piecing. Unfortunately, it didn't teach speedy finishing, and it took me years to finally add the two borders to finish it off.

To be fair, for a long time I had the idea that I would do some sort of fancy applique on the gold border -- I was going to cut it quite a lot thicker, and maybe add vines, grapes, leaves, pears, etc. But finally I decided I just wanted it FINISHED, so I decided to attach the borders and get it quilted. Perhaps some nice quilting in the border will finish it off -- I'll see if the machine quilter has any ideas.

I've always thought this quilt would make a great Christmassy wall-hanging, so if I hurry up and get it quilted this summer, it can deck my halls come December!

No comments:

Post a Comment