02 August 2013

Update on cottage quilt

I said I would post a better picture of my Thousand Pyramids quilt, made for our bed at the cottage, so here it is!

I'm still happy with the scrappy look, and I used a number of fabrics with a cottagey theme, like cabins, bears and wood grain, etc. I let Barry pick the backing fabric, and he chose a gold flannel, so it's nice and snuggly.

With this quilt, I've finally fulfilled my goal to "Sleep under a quilt I've made myself", since my other finished pieces were twin-size or smaller.

I liked the triangle pattern, and would like to make another some time. I saw a great quilt in a quilt store, where the upright triangles were all a dark brown batik and all the down-pointing triangles were bright batiks. It looked like a wonderful jewel box of colour! I've also seen a pyramid quilt done in blue and white only, which was quite striking. So much inspiration, so little time...!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment