27 November 2012

Monstrous patch

I saw something like this on Pinterest, and couldn't resist trying the idea on a pair of Barry's jeans that needed mending. I zig-zagged around the hole, but fused the eyes and teeth using Steam-A-Seam, so I hope they hold up! I would have sewn them all, but I quickly discovered how awkward it is to feed a pant leg onto my machine, let alone trying to do any stitching once it's there!

I guess I could have taken the leg seam out, fixed the hole, and sewn the leg back up again, but that was way more work than I wanted to go to for a pair of pants he wears in the garage. If I were going to do any special embellishment on a pair of good jeans, I would definitely take out the leg seam first.

So fun! I hope I wear out a knee on my own jeans soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment